Maybe The Best Chicken Marinade EverTuesday, July 20th, 2010
Posted By: farnal
I know, I know but this really is the best chicken marinade we have ever used. Easy to put together and it’s ready in an hour… or overnight. Equally good grilled or pan-roasted.
French Rosemary Chicken
Use either 2 lbs cut-up chicken or cut up a medium roaster. We love the “Smart Chicken” brand.
2 pounds chicken pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon and/or lime juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest, (1 lemon)
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped medium
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
1. Combine olive oil, lemon/lime juice, lemon zest, white wine, liquid smoke, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Put chicken pieces in a gallon zip lock bag and/or a glass baking dish.
2. Pour marinade over chicken, turning pieces until thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or more, turning pieces occasionally.
3. If using a grill, place chicken indirectly when hardwood coals are evenly white and cook, turning 3 or 4 times until done, 30 to 45 minutes.
4. If pan-roasting, pre-heat oven to 350°F. Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium heat and place chicken, skin-side down in a single layer. Season with paprika and cook for about 5 minutes or until browning occurs. Turn and cook 3 more minutes seasoning again with paprika. Turn once more and put pan in oven. Roast until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 30 more minutes. Let rest. Deglaze pan if desired.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
In-active Time: 1 hour (or overnight)
Total Time: 2 hours
- Lemon or lime infused oil is great for the marinade.
- If grilling, use hardwood charcoal and/or mesquite smoking chips if available.